Volunteer - Arts and Crafts Assistant
- Do you want to improve the lives of older people?
- Are you creative?
- Do you want to share your passion for arts and crafts with others?
This role will involves organising interesting arts and crafts activities for the residents. You may also support and help the residents with the activities where required.
This is an opportunity for you to give a small amount of your time knowing you are making a real difference to the lives of older people.
- We will reimburse you with any agreed appropriate expenses
- Provide you with any training you need to carry out your role
- You'll be supported by our small, friendly house team
- You’ll have lots of fun and get to spend time with our inspirational residents
The Ideal Candidate
For this role, ideally you need:
- Be creative and have an interest in arts and crafts
- Have good organisational skills
- Have enthusiasm,
We ask all our volunteers to:
- be reliable and have the ability to relate well to others
- have a warm, friendly, adaptable, caring approach
- be open-minded and tolerant of different lifestyle and values
- be able to work within personal and organisational boundaries
This role may require an Enhanced Adult Workforce DBS check / driving licence / use of your own car.
Abbeyfield is a national charity dedicated to the care and support of older people. Our vision is ‘making time for older people’ and we see volunteers as crucial in helping us achieve this. For more information, please visit our website www.abbeyfield.com
About the Company
Situated in the historic city of Cambridge, famous for its world-renowned university, punting on the River Cam, cycling and traditional English Heritage, Browns Field House is a dementia care home nestled in a quiet residential area offering tailored and personalised care to meet individual needs, all delivered by a caring, dedicated and professional team of staff.
Established in 1986, Browns Field House has 28 rooms with some suitable for couples. As a smaller house, we are very homely and our staff and volunteer teams work hard to ensure that we offer a warm, friendly and supportive atmosphere.
The Abbeyfield Society