Senior Care Assistant
Abbeyfield have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Care Assistant to join the night team at Downing House care home based in Withington, Manchester.
Best of all, we’re a charity, meaning that the interests of our valued staff and residents sit at the heart of what we do, not shareholders.
We are offering an excellent hourly rate of pay of £13.00 - £13.50 to cover 2 - 3 Night Shifts a week.
The Role of Senior Care Assistant
- Our Care Team Leaders sit at the heart of what we do. As the recognised Senior Carer on a shift, you'll have overall responsibility for regular monitoring of the health, care and social needs of our residents.
- Preparation, implementation and review of their personal care plans, including the administering of medication.
- You'll supervise, support coach and develop other team members, and liaise with people involved in resident's care, as well as with the residents themselves. Put simply, you'll ensure residents' needs and wishes are at the centre of the care we provide.
- As the Senior Carer on that shift, you will take the lead when staff or residents need help, such as in the event of an emergency.
Pay & Benefits
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our many benefits include:
- £13.00 - £13.50 pay, benchmarked annually.
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role based on skills and contribution
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Opportunity to obtain Blue Light Card discounts
- You must be an experienced Carer, ideally with a Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care or equivalent, or be committed to working towards this.
- As a Care Team Leader, you must be able to demonstrate good organisation and staff management skills. You'll already be skilled in writing and updating Care Plans, and competent in the administration of Medication.
- Most of all, you'll be passionate and committed to providing exceptional care to our residents, their families and friends.
The Abbeyfield Society