Senior Care Assistant - Bank
For over 60 years, Abbeyfield has been a charity that provides housing and care for elderly people across the UK and internationally. It is our mission to enhance the quality of life for our residents through excellent accommodation in a stimulating environment to help maintain a socially active life.
Best of all, we’re a charity, meaning that the interests of our valued staff and residents sit at the heart of what we do, not shareholders.
The Role of Care Team Leader - This is a casual (bank) position.
- You will be asked to work when required, and will have the choice as to whether or not to accept any work that we offer you.
- Our Care Team Leaders sit at the heart of what we do. As the recognised leader on a shift, you'll have overall responsibility for regular monitoring of the health, care and social needs of our residents, plus the preparation, implementation and review of their personal care plans, including the administering of medication.
- You'll supervise, support coach and develop other team members, and liaise with people involved in resident's care, as well as with the residents themselves.
- And as the Senior Carer on that shift, you will take the lead when staff or residents need help, such as in the event of an emergency.
Pay & Benefits
- In line with your casual (bank) worker assignment agreement, we offer competitive pay that is in line with those of our employed staff in similar roles.
- And depending on how many hours you work, you will accrue leave at an equivalent rate of 31 days paid leave in a full calendar year, inclusive of bank/public holidays. (pro rata)
- To carry out this role, you will be provided with mandatory training to get you started, as part of a comprehensive induction. And to work for us in future assignments, you will be expected to keep your mandatory training up to date.
- You must be an experienced Carer, ideally with a Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care or equivalent, or be committed to working towards this.
- As a leader of a team, you must be able to demonstrate good organisation and staff management skills.
- You'll already be skilled in writing and updating Care Plans, and competent in the administration of Medication.
- But most of all, you'll be passionate and committed to providing exceptional care to our residents, their families and friends.
And because we take the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff seriously, ideally, you'll be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Abbeyfield Society