For over 60 years, Abbeyfield has been a charity that provides housing and care for elderly people across the UK and internationally. It is our mission to enhance the quality of life for our residents through excellent accommodation in a stimulating environment to help maintain a socially active life.
As the Registered Nurse, the role is covering 22.5 hours of Day shifts between the hours of 7:45am - 8pm at Halcyon House in Formby.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract, with the potential to go permanent.
Rewards & Benefits
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits include:
- Hourly Rate of £22.00 p/h.
- 33 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Paid Breaks
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
The Role of Registered Nurse
- As a Registered Nurse, you will be based in Halcyon House Care Home in Formby, Liverpool, which involves the provision of clinical nursing care to elderly residents, based on their individual care plans.
- Working alongside a dedicated team of nursing professionals, you will be at the forefront of clinical care provision; contributing to the promotion of high quality care, meeting CQC requirements, ensuring residents are treated with respect and dignity, and lead fulfilling lives.
- You'll use your clinical knowledge and expertise to develop and deliver tailored care plans for each of our valued elderly residents. You will pride yourself in taking personal responsibility for observing and assessing, and administering appropriate treatments and medications.
- As a professionally qualified nurse, you'll have a relevant degree or diploma, registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), with a current Personal Unique Identification Number (PIN). You will also need knowledge of CQC regulations.
- Ideally you'll also have experience working in elderly care, but at the very least, you will have a deep understanding of the clinical and psychological needs of older people.
- And because we take the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff seriously, ideally, you'll be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Abbeyfield Society