The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
Built in 1986, Cunningham House is located in a village in North Weald Bassett, Essex. The original building was extended in 1996 and a Specialist Dementia Unit was added in 2006. The house has 54 bedrooms, 33 of which are en-suite. The rooms can be decorated to personal preferences and we encourage our residents to bring their own furniture and photos along to make their room their own.
The house is situated by the well known North Weald Market and the historic city of Chelmsford. Epping town centre is close by where you will find a post office and a number of shops, restaurants, pubs and GP surgeries. A bus stop is close to the house and local amenities are within walking distance.
Registered Care Manager
As a registered care home manager you have over all responsibility for the day to day running of the home, you will look after all staff and create a safe and inclusive environment, ensure that all record keeping is precise and up to date, that each resident has the correct tailored care plan and tat they are happy and comfortable in the home.
As the manager of the home you will promote the service locally, with events, marketing to help grow the home to be the home of choice, be passionate about developing and making it your own.
You will already be a successful registered care home manager or Deputy with at least 2 years previous experience, have a great understanding of CQC regulations and requirements and what it takes and be we organized and pro active.
- Provide leadership of the care, facilities and administration team.
- Managing staff so they can perform their roles safely and to the best of their ability.
- Managing budgets, contracts and be up to date with all current legislation and regulations
- Making strategic decisions about the future and growth of your care service.
- Leading on specific projects or clinical areas
- Market and promote the service
Skills and experience
- NVQ Level 5 or equivalent
- A proven track record as a Registered Care Manager/ Deputy Care manager
- Elderly / dementia experience
- A sound knowledge of the CQC and applicable legislation, regulations and standards.
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our many benefits include:
• Competitive pay, benchmarked annually.
• 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
• Comprehensive induction
• Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
• Life Assurance
• Pay progression within role based on skills and contribution
• Learning and career development opportunities
• Occupational sick pay
• Company pension
• Discounted gym membership
• An employee assistance programme
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Shop and save vouchers
• Opportunity to obtain Blue Light Card discounts
How to apply
Please click the link NOW, upload your CV and covering Letter to be considered for interview
The Abbeyfield Society