Night General Housing Assistant
The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
This is a rare opportunity for someone who would be interested in joining our organisation, to support our Sheltered Housing property in Broadstairs. If you are looking for a rewarding role to fit around you, Abbeyfield would love for you to join us.
Part Time - 2x shifts per fortnight/ 4 per month, with availability to cover when needed. This is a part working, part sleep in role 20:00-08:00 with sleep in hours 22:00-06:00.
You can never underestimate the power a friendly face and a home cooked meal has on someone’s day. This is a varied role, with resident wellbeing at the forefront of what we do.
This is a varied role, the main tasks of a General Housing Assistant include:
- Carry out welfare checks and respond to Warden Alarm calls
- Ensure communal areas are clean and tidy
- Follow laundry and cleaning schedule
- Be first point of contact for residents/relatives/visitors/emergency services
- Comply with Abbeyfield guidelines to ensure all H&S needs are met
Our ideal candidate for General Housing Assistant will have the following qualities
- A cheerful and friendly demeanour
- Understand the needs of older people
- Proactive and organised
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Some of our benefits include:
- An excellent work/life balance, with family friendly policies
- Competitive rates of pay*
- Enhanced holiday entitlement for long service
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a colleague' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Child Care Vouchers
- Medical cashback scheme allowing costs of medical expenses (dental, opticians and much more) to be claimed back
- Supportive leadership with amazing learning and career development opportunities, Professional Standards and Career Pathways
- Menopause Friendly accredited workplace
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
You can find out more about what makes working for Abbeyfield great using the link below
Rewards and benefits of working at Abbeyfield | Careers at Abbeyfield
We look forward to hearing from you!
*The rates advertised above will apply from 1st April 2023. Should you begin working for us before this date, a lower rate will apply temporarily. This will be discussed with you prior to interview.
We reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications.
The Abbeyfield Society