The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
Located in the friendly suburban village of Winnersh near Wokingham, Winnersh is a purpose built, dementia friendly, innovative residential care home, which has been developed to allow freedom of movement throughout. We offer personalised and tailored care to meet all needs delivered by our friendly, professional and caring team.
You are the first point of contact when I comes to keeping the kitchen tidy and clean, you will be a naturally caring person who is friendly and approachable, well organized with a good attention to detail. You will keep all areas clean from the worksurfaces, dinning rooms and social areas, help with food preparation and stock rotation.
- As one of our valued Kitchen assistants, you’re at the front line of care. We’re passionate about creating a lovely environment for our residents to enjoy. So you’ll help us keep our Home clean and tidy for our residents, assist with meal preparation.
- Every resident should enjoy a tidy and well maintained environment, good flavourful and nutritious food, you will support the Chef in preparing meals, presented to the highest standard.
- You work within the kitchen schedule as set out by the Chef/Manager
- keeping all kitchen and store areas clean, and following all hygienic practices you help protect our residents and keep them safe.
Skills & Experience;
- Great time management
- Well organised
- Caring and compassionate personality, with a passion to help others in a safe manner
- Initiative to work alone but also a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided
- Be able to obtain a clear DBS
- A great work/life balance
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
How to apply;
Please click the link NOW to upload your CV and covering letter and be considered for interview.
The Abbeyfield Society