Kitchen Assistant - Westall House
Set in the picturesque village of Horsted Keynes, Westall House provides outstanding care to its elderly residents. Westall House operates as a residential care home, with independent living apartments on site, as well as being Dementia friendly.
This role is based on a bank contract, with the candidate ideally working 6 hours per week and will involve working Saturday's. The shift times are either 9am-3pm or 8.30am-2.30pm.
As a Kitchen Assistant you will work alongside our other kitchen staff and Chef's to ensure the residents receive healthy and nutritious meals.
As a Kitchen Assistant your tasks will include -
- Keeping all kitchen and store areas clean and hygienic
- Spending time getting to know the residents, their dietary requirements and preferences
- Managing incoming deliveries and the correct storage of goods
- To be responsible for the daily use of catering equipment, monitoring usage and reporting any issues
- Completing food and drink preparation and transporting prepared food to the relevant dining area to be served.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to be a team player, but also use own initiative
- A relevant certificate in Food Hygiene Level 3, or be willing to complete this.
What Abbeyfield Offer You:
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers.
- Opportunity to obtain a "Blue Light Card", offering discounts in various locations.
If you would like to be considered for the role of Kitchen Assistant at Westall House, please click apply on this advert and someone will be in contact to discuss the role in more detail with you.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Abbeyfield Society