House Manager - Elderly Sheltered Housing
The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an individual with a background in Housing, has experience with occupancy and is confident leading a team. No paid kitchen experience needed, but someone that enjoys cooking for family or friends. You will be required to cook a tasty lunch and lighter tea in the late afternoon evening. Training and guidance will be given by our friendly and supportive team.
This is a varied role, with resident wellbeing at the forefront of what we do.
Our ideal candidates will have the following qualities
- A cheerful and friendly demeanour
- Enjoys being creative in the kitchen
- Good sense of humour
- Understand the needs of older people
- Organised and able to use the computer (including Microsoft Outlook, Excel)
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Some of our benefits include:
- An excellent work/life balance, with family friendly policies
- Competitive rates of pay*
- Enhanced holiday entitlement for long service
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a colleague' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Menopause Friendly accredited workplace
- A vast range of learning and career development opportunities
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
You can find out more about what makes working for Abbeyfield great using the link below
Rewards and benefits of working at Abbeyfield | Careers at Abbeyfield
We look forward to hearing from you
*The rates advertised above will apply from 1st April 2023. Should you begin working for us before this date, a lower rate will apply temporarily. This will be discussed with you prior to interview.
The Abbeyfield Society