Abbeyfield are committed to providing the highest standards of care, and we believe that great care starts with great people. And we’re a charity, meaning that the interests of our valued staff and residents sit at the heart of what we do, not shareholders.
Sandwood Care Home is a modern, purpose built 31 bedded Residential home based in Sherwood, Nottingham. We are in walking distance of many shops, restaurants, cafes, churches, the library and a post office.
The Role Of Home Manager
- Our Care Home Managers are inspired leaders, who put the needs of our elderly residents first.. You'll be a role model for Abbeyfield's values, and you’ll inspire your team to embody them too.
- You’ll be responsible for the success of your home, which spans financial results, resident satisfaction, team engagement and external regulatory outcomes. You’ll also drive the development and growth of your team members.
- You’ll use your specialist knowledge to ensure the delivery of all our care services to the highest standard. You’ll oversee the home’s finances, including managing occupancy, ensuring we deliver on revenue targets, as well as budget planning and cost control.
- As the Home Manager, you will be competent in creating and developing strong internal and external relationships, you’ll play an important role in strengthening the Abbeyfield brand as a trusted healthcare partner with key audiences including Local Authorities and the CQC.
Rewards & Benefits
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits include:
- Salary up to £46,000 per annum, benchmarked annually. May be negotiable for candidates with turnaround experience.
- 33 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 tax free via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role
- Comprehensive induction
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Opportunity to obtain Blue Light Card discounts
- You’ll have a relevant care related qualification (e.g. NVQ Level 4/5, Diploma in Social Welfare/Community Support). Equally, you must be able to demonstrate experience working at a management level in a similar (ideally elderly care) person centred care and support role within a registered care setting, ideally with evidence of favourable CQC compliance ratings.
- And alongside that you will also have strong knowledge of and ability to apply the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010, the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 and the Care Act 2014/15.
- You will be an experienced Home Manager with significant people management skills, a strong understanding of the needs of older people in a care setting, including CQC fundamental standards and their impact in care management and practice and safeguarding of vulnerable adults ensuring a safe, effective, caring, responsive, and a well led service is provided to our residents.
- To be successful, you'll need a good balance of head and heart. You will be responsible for the delivery of a service which is both economically viable, managing available resources effectively as well as engaging with and meeting the needs of our customers.
The Abbeyfield Society