Head of Care/ Deputy Manager
The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
Built in 1986, Cunningham House is located in a village in North Weald Bassett, Essex. The original building was extended in 1996 and a Specialist Dementia Unit was added in 2006. The house has 54 bedrooms, 33 of which are en-suite. The rooms can be decorated to personal preferences and we encourage our residents to bring their own furniture and photos along to make their room their own.
The house is situated by the well known North Weald Market and the historic city of Chelmsford. Epping town centre is close by where you will find a post office and a number of shops, restaurants, pubs and GP surgeries. A bus stop is close to the house and local amenities are within walking distance.
Head of Care
As a head of care you will be a key member of the Home Management Team, your role will be to lead a team of Carers in the delivery of care provision, in line with CQC requirements, through effective rostering and staff resource allocation, to meet residents’ needs.
Managing your own team, you'll be responsible for overseeing the health and social care needs of residents, enabling quality of life through high quality service provision, outstanding person centred care, exceptional customer service and meaningful activity. You will implement and oversee a robust quality monitoring and audit process, ensuring compliance with CQC, DOLS and MCA, and act as expert to the operation by applying specialist up to date knowledge to inform, shape and continually improve the service.
You will also ensure the completion of assessments, and the development of personalized care plans and reviews, to support our residents in all aspects of daily living, promoting independence and improving a sense of wellbeing. You will also instil the principles of dignity and respect, safeguarding residents as the lead advocate for outstanding care and support at every stage..
- Ensure that staff are effectively recruited, inducted supported and performance managed
- Monitoring the resident’s nutritional and hydration needs
- Staff training
- Delivering hands-on care when required
- Create, manage and amend risk assessments, both at a strategic and operational level and to ensure that staff are following procedures
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Manager on events that occurred in their absence
- Ensure that key information is effectively communicated both within the own staff group and the client as required
- Act as a role model for all staff, demonstrating and ensuring professionalism, good manners, and customer service at all times
- Report to management on any items that need repair or maintenance and ensure these are followed up
- Staff supervision and appraisals
Skills & Experience;
You'll need a Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (or equivalent(, or a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role at management or senior level within a registered service. Other key attributes are:
- Strong working knowledge of the Heath and Social Care Act 2009 (regulated activities), CQC Registration Regulations 2009, Care Act 2014/2015.
- Ability to undertake day to day running of the home under the direction of the General Manager.
- Passionate about delivering high quality care for older people.
- Good with information technology; you’ll need to use IT systems, e mail and text.
- Strong influencing and professional relationship building skills; ability to facilitate meetings or support groups.
- Strong people leadership and management skills, able to get the best out of teams.
- Experience in managing staffing budgets.
- A great work/life balance
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
How to apply;
Please click the link NOW to upload your CV and covering letter and be considered for interview.
The Abbeyfield Society