Head Chef - Westall House
Head Chef - Westall House
Due to the exciting expansion at Westall House we are looking for a Head Chef to join our team. We provide the residents with home cooked meals that meet a variety of dietary requirements which the Head Chef will be responsible for planning and cooking.
About Westall House:
Set in beautiful surroundings and countryside in Horsted Keynes, Westall House is a residential care home, caring for its elderly residents. With three services available including brand new independent living apartments, the role of Head Chef is definitely a varied, exciting one! Westall House offers a homely, friendly environment for its residents and staff alike and aim to provide delicious, nutritious food for all.
You will work alongside our current Second Chef and team of Kitchen Assistants to provide healthy balanced menus, with choices which reflect the residents needs and preferences. You’ll plan, prepare and cook residents’ meals from the agreed menu, taking into account personal preferences or recognised dietary requirements. All residents are to be offered at least two meals per day. By regularly seeking feedback, you’ll monitor their satisfaction with the menu and quality of the food provided.
You’ll also ensure a safe and sufficient supply of catering products, by developing a system of ordering supplies in a timely manner. As Head Chef you will be responsible of ensuring good stock control, you’ll make sure catering orders and deliveries are recorded using documentation supplied, to enable all orders to be checked and audited. Maintenance of a system of effective stock rotation and control is paramount, and by doing so, you will manage catering costs within the generous agreed catering budget.
You will also oversee safe and proper use of catering equipment and report any defects to management. As Head Chef you will champion kitchen cleaning procedures and schedules and ensure your kitchen and store areas are clean and hygienic at all times. You will also oversee the completion of all relevant records in relation to food safety.
What Westall House can offer you:
At Westall House, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme with a £500 bonus and unlimited opportunity to earn this
- Shop and save vouchers.
- You’ll have a relevant Certificate in Food Hygiene, and a track record of demonstrable experience of cooking varied, healthy and safe meals to large groups on a regular basis.
- Able to lead and support the kitchen staff team, you'll also train and develop the to get the best out of each individual.
- You’ll also be able to manage resources, planning rotas in advance to ensure continuity of the catering service.
- As Head Chef you will be methodical and highly organised; your kitchen and equipment will be kept clean and tidy, with an effective method of stock rotation.
Are you looking to take on a new challenge and oversee an exciting, expanding kitchen and staff team? Would you like a sense of fulfilment from your day? If you are looking for a new role then we want to hear from you!
The Abbeyfield Society