HR Administrator - 12 Month Fixed Term
We provide care and sheltered accommodation for elderly people across England. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for our residents, in a stimulating environment to help maintain a socially active life. Abbeyfield is more than a home; it’s a neighbourhood, a community, a family. Our core behaviours are to be welcoming to everyone, celebrate the positives, work collaboratively, take responsibility, and be adaptable to changing circumstances.
Best of all, we’re a charity, meaning that the interests of our valued staff and residents sit at the heart of what we do, not shareholders.
Your role will be to provide a professional administrative support service to the business and HR, by maintaining accurate workforce data, ensuring correct monthly payroll activity, and that our workforce remains compliant.
Your key responsibilities include ensuring HR data is accurate, up to date, and reflects current workforce. This includes the following. See the full details in attached Job Description:-
- Recruitment & on-boarding administration including generation and issue of contracts of employment and payroll input;
- The administration of all workforce modifications (new starters, leavers and changes) to be actioned prior to monthly pay run.
- Administration of staff benefits.
- Ensuring there are no overpayments due to leavers or failure to pay new starters in their first month.
- Staff and management are provided with timely and accurate HR administrative advice on the correct use of process and documentation.
- Non-compliance with process and procedure is highlighted to management for action.
- Produce reports for senior management with data that can be relied upon.
You will have proven experience of working in a busy and demanding environment, where data entry and reporting deadlines have to be met, whilst managing changing priorities.
It is essential that you have strong administration skills; can input data quickly and accurately to a high standard. You will have the ability to spot anomalies and inconsistencies in data, and to undertake proactive corrective action to secure accuracy and integrity of data.
You will already have an understanding of the full employee cycle from recruitment to leaving, including probation periods, family friendly leave, DBS and right to work checks. It is essential that you have a working knowledge of GDPR, with a high level of confidentiality and discretion surrounding the use and disclosure of personal data.
You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages, especially the use of excel spreadsheets. You will need to be able to contribute effectively from commencement, therefore it is essential that you have previous experience working in HR, in particular the use of HR databases.
As this is a home based role, you will be a self-starter who can work with minimum supervision to complete tasks to a high level. However, it is essential that you are able to work well as a team providing a consistent approach as part of a shared service. You will have the competence and drive and to meet daily, weekly and monthly tasks and work well under pressure.
You will have proven experience of having secured improvements to processes by working in partnership with key stakeholders to generate more effective ways of working. Ideally you will be studying for or have achieved a foundation level (L3) HR certificate or diploma qualification, or have a willingness to study for one.
You will have a strong customer focus; able to develop a positive working relationship with key stakeholders that helps to secure better business results.
Rewards & Benefits
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- 33 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction,
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
Uk Applicants only
The Abbeyfield Society