General Housing Assistant - Nights (sleep in)
The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
This is a rare opportunity for someone who would be interested in joining our organisation, to support our Sheltered Housing property in Broadstairs. If you are looking for a rewarding role to fit around you, Abbeyfield would love for you to join us.
Part Time - 2x shifts per fortnight/ 4 per month, with availability to cover when needed. This is a part working, part sleep in role 20:00-08:00 with sleep in hours 22:00-06:00.
You can never underestimate the power a friendly face and a home cooked meal has on someone’s day. This is a varied role, with resident wellbeing at the forefront of what we do.
This is a varied role, the main tasks of a General Housing Assistant include:
- Carry out welfare checks and respond to Warden Alarm calls
- Ensure communal areas are clean and tidy
- Follow laundry and cleaning schedule
- Be first point of contact for residents/relatives/visitors/emergency services
- Comply with Abbeyfield guidelines to ensure all H&S needs are met
Our ideal candidate for General Housing Assistant will have the following qualities
- A cheerful and friendly demeanour
- Understand the needs of older people
- Proactive and organised
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Some of our benefits include:
- An excellent work/life balance, with family friendly policies
- Competitive rates of pay
- Enhanced holiday entitlement for long service
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a colleague' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Child Care Vouchers
- Medical cashback scheme allowing costs of medical expenses (dental, opticians and much more) to be claimed back
- Supportive leadership with amazing learning and career development opportunities, Professional Standards and Career Pathways
- Menopause Friendly accredited workplace
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
You can find out more about what makes working for Abbeyfield great using the link below
Rewards and benefits of working at Abbeyfield | Careers at Abbeyfield
We look forward to hearing from you!
We reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications.
The Abbeyfield Society