The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
A purpose built care facility located in Amersham, Pratt House offers care and support to the elderly in a warm and welcoming setting.There is a spacious garden filled with beautiful flowers and ample seating so residents can enjoy the fresh air and relax in the outdoors whilst catching up with family and friends. Essentially you will be joining a fantastic team, in a well supported home with great culture and core values.
You are the first point of contact when I comes to keeping the house tidy and clean, you will be a naturally caring person who is friendly and approachable, well organized with a good attention to detail. You will keep all areas clean from the halls, dinning room, Kit chen and social areas to the rooms and bedding & Laundry.
- As one of our valued general assistants, you’re at the front line of care. We’re passionate about creating a lovely environment for our residents to enjoy. So you’ll help us keep our Home clean and tidy for our residents, assist with meal preparation, and welcome our many visitors.
- Every resident should enjoy a tidy and well maintained environment, clean laundry, and carefully support the Kitchen staff in preparing meals, presented to the highest standard.
- You work within the cleaning and housekeeping schedules as set by the Home Manager or Housekeeper.
- This varied role may include cleaning of the residents’ bedrooms, self-contained flats, the communal areas and offices.
- You may also assist in providing healthy and nutritious food for our residents. By keeping all kitchen and store areas clean, and following all hygienic practices you help protect our residents and keep them safe.
Skills & Experience;
- Great time management
- Well organised
- Caring and compassionate personality, with a passion to help others in a safe manner
- Initiative to work alone but also a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided
- Be able to obtain a clear DBS
- A great work/life balance
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
How to apply;
Please click the link NOW to upload your CV and covering letter and be considered for interview.
The Abbeyfield Society