General Assistant - Hill House
Hill House is a residential care home, set in the beautiful, picturesque Devon countryside. Boasting 30 rooms. Hill House provides residential and Dementia friendly care to its residents. There are stunning grounds and views, as well as a hairdressers on site, comfortable, homely rooms and a large communal lounge to relax in.
MUST have own transport due to location as NO Public Transport in the area.
The Role of General Assistant:
Flexible hours available min 30 hours up to 36 hours a week, will include every other weekend.
- As one of our valued General Assistants, you’re at the front line of care. We’re passionate about creating a lovely environment for our residents to enjoy. So you’ll help us keep our home clean and tidy for our residents, assist with meal preparation and welcome our many visitors.
- You work within the cleaning and housekeeping schedules as set by the Home Manager or Head Housekeeper.
- This varied role may include cleaning of the residents’ bedrooms, the communal areas and offices.
- By keeping all kitchen and store areas clean, and following all hygienic practices you help protect our residents and keep them safe.
Pay & Benefits:
At Hill House, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits for the role of General Assistant include:
- Competitive pay
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Free onsite parking
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Opportunity to obtain Blue Light Card discounts.
- Do you have high standards and like things to be neat and tidy? If that sounds like you, we think you’ll fit right in at Hill House! Whether you’re new to the world of care or looking for a new career, we’re looking for people to join our growing team of General Assistants.
- Don’t worry if you have no experience - we’ll provide you with all the training you need. What’s more important is that you have have high standards, and a natural calling to care!
The rates advertised will apply from 1st April 2023. Should you begin working for us before this date, a lower rate will apply temporarily. This will be discussed with you prior to interview.
If you would like to be considered for the role of General Assistant at Hill House, then click apply and send us a copy of your CV today!
The Abbeyfield Society