General Assistant - Cleaning and Kitchen
The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
Abbeyfield Winnersh is a dementia-friendly residential care home situated in the village of Winnersh, Wokingham. The care home is designed to allow freedom of movement throughout, flowing from one area into another.
The large garden and roof terrace has been designed to encourage outside living with lots of areas for activity or relaxation. Recently built summer houses allow outdoor activities throughout the year and help with any hobbies residents wish to pursue.
General Assistant - Domestic & Cleaning
You are the first point of contact when I comes to keeping the house tidy and clean, you will be a naturally caring person who is friendly and approachable, well organized with a good attention to detail. You will keep all areas clean from the halls, dinning room, Kitchen and social areas to the rooms and bedding & Laundry.
- As one of our valued general assistants, you’re at the front line of care. We’re passionate about creating a lovely environment for our residents to enjoy. So you’ll help us keep our Home clean and tidy for our residents, assist with meal preparation, and welcome our many visitors.
- Every resident should enjoy a tidy and well maintained environment, clean laundry, and carefully support the Kitchen staff in preparing meals, presented to the highest standard.
- You work within the cleaning and housekeeping schedules as set by the Home Manager or Housekeeper.
- This varied role may include cleaning of the residents’ bedrooms, self-contained flats, the communal areas and offices.
- You may also assist in providing healthy and nutritious food for our residents. By keeping all kitchen and store areas clean, and following all hygienic practices you help protect our residents and keep them safe.
Skills & Experience;
- Great time management
- Well organised
- Caring and compassionate personality, with a passion to help others in a safe manner
- Initiative to work alone but also a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided
- Be able to obtain a clear DBS
Pay & Benefits
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Opportunity to obtain Blue Light Card discounts
The Abbeyfield Society