Deputy Care Home Manager - Lee House
Lee House is an attractive residential care home located in Wimbledon offering care and support to females over the age of 65.
The home has been carefully designed to offer comfortable accommodation which includes single occupancy bedrooms each with en-suite facilities, a pleasant lounge, dining room and garden. Facilities are also available for family or friends to stay overnight. Residents may personalise their room with small items of furniture and ornaments to promote familiarity.
- Competitive pay, benchmarked annually.
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Free onsite parking
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role based on skills and contribution
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Medical cashback scheme allowing costs of medical expenses (dental, opticians and much more) to be claimed back
- Opportunity to apply for a 'Blue Light Card' offering you discounts in various shops and restaurants etc.
- Ensure that staff are effectively recruited, inducted supported and performance managed
- Monitoring the resident’s nutritional and hydration needs
- Staff training
- Delivering hands-on care when required
- Create, manage and amend risk assessments, both at a strategic and operational level and to ensure that staff are following procedures
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Manager on events that occurred in their absence
- Ensure that key information is effectively communicated both within the own staff group and the client as required
- Act as a role model for all staff, demonstrating and ensuring professionalism, good manners, and customer service at all times
- Report to management on any items that need repair or maintenance and ensure these are followed up
- Staff supervision and appraisals.
Skills & Experience:
You'll need a Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (or equivalent(, or a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role at management or senior level within a registered service. Other key attributes are:
- Strong working knowledge of the Heath and Social Care Act 2009 (regulated activities), CQC Registration Regulations 2009, Care Act 2014/2015.
- Ability to undertake day to day running of the home under the direction of the General Manager.
- Passionate about delivering high quality care for older people.
- Good with information technology; you’ll need to use IT systems, e mail and text.
- Strong influencing and professional relationship building skills; ability to facilitate meetings or support groups.
- Strong people leadership and management skills, able to get the best out of teams.
- Experience in managing staffing budgets.
How to apply:
Please click the link NOW to upload your CV and covering letter and be considered for interview.
The Abbeyfield Society