Dementia Care Assistant - Westall House
Westall House is a CQC rated ‘Outstanding’ residential care home that provides care for older people in attractive and comfortable surroundings. Situated in the picturesque village of Horsted Keynes, our home benefits from beautiful views of the countryside. Our home has been carefully designed and modernised to provide a high standard of accommodation and includes a variety of 18 single ensuite bedrooms within our Dementia friendly unit.
The Role of Dementia Care Assistant:
- As one of our highly valued Dementia Care Assistants, you'll be at the front line of care delivery.
- You’ll help residents with their individual care needs, such as personal care, medical care and following social interests.
- You’ll build a special bond with each resident, and give professional and emotional support during difficult times, such as periods of illness.
- Your days as a Dementia Care Assistant will be varied, interesting and rewarding. You’ll assist residents with washing, dressing, eating, drinking and getting around.
- Importantly, you’ll help make them feel at home. You’ll be respectful of residents’ choices; their dignity and independence.
- You’ll also be integral to developing residents Care Plans, which includes being aware of any specialist support needs.
Pay & Benefits
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our many benefits include:
- Competitive pay, benchmarked annually.
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role based on skills and contribution
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Striving for independent accreditation as a menopause friendly organisation
- Medical cashback scheme allowing costs of medical expenses (dental, opticians and much more) to be claimed back
- Opportunity to obtain Blue Light Card discounts.
- Are you sensitive, empathetic and love to care for others? Do you enjoy building meaningful relationships and making a real difference? If that sounds like you, we think you’ll fit right in at Abbeyfield!
- Whether you’re new to the world of care or looking to retrain, we’re looking for people to join our growing team of Dementia Care Assistants.
Don’t worry if you have no experience as a Dementia Care Assistant - we’ll provide you with all the training you need. What’s more important is that you have a natural calling to care. and you'll be passionate and committed to providing exceptional care to our residents, their families and friends.
How to apply:
If you think this sounds like you, please click the link NOW to upload your CV and covering letter, to be considered for interview.
The Abbeyfield Society