Your role at Abbeyfield
Permanent, part time. 8 hours a week; Fridays only.
About The Role
Your role will be to prepare, cook and serve meals to the residents and guests whilst helping to create a family atmosphere, making the House happy and homely. This involves meeting all hygiene and health rules relating to storage, handling and preparation of food.
At Abbeyfield, we believe that great care starts with great people. We’re committed to providing the highest standards of accommodation to our residents and we’re always keen to hear from people who share our commitment to enhancing the lives of older people in the UK.
From carers to house managers, activities coordinators to cooks, Abbeyfield has a varied range of career options available. By working at Abbeyfield you’ll be joining a charity with more than 400 houses and over 7000 residents. But we’re also developing new homes throughout the UK with state of the art facilities.
Our benefits include 28 days annual leave per calendar year (pro rata), competitive pay, a comprehensive induction, learning and career development opportunities, sick pay, and a company pension.
Best of all, we’re a charity, meaning that the interests of our valued staff and residents sit at the heart of what we do, not shareholders.
- A caring person who is compassionate, and understands the needs of older people.
- Able to communicate and interact well with a wide range of people in varied situations.
- Able to prepare and cook varied, healthy and safe meals to large groups regularly.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people.
- Willing to undergo essential training
- Are experienced in working in a similar role.
- Are experienced in working within services for older people.
- In possession of a Food Hygiene certificate, or willing to complete this. (training will be provided)
Flexible to cover other staff holiday and sickness with the opportunity to cover staff at other houses where there are staff shortages (if desired)
Situated on the Babbacombe and St Marychurch plateau Abbeyfield Sanders Court is fortunate to be in the largest level area in Torquay, with a variety of shops within walking distance.
Sanders Court has 14 en-suite rooms in total meaning we are a small, close-knit house with a family atmosphere. Our home also large patio area for staff to enjoy during their breaks.
St Marychurch is a charming suburb close to the delights of Babbacombe Bay and Torquay. It’s a lovely place to explore with its delightful pedestrianised precinct and everywhere within easy walking distance. You’ll find lots of independently owned boutiques and family-run businesses here.
This role is advertised for the Abbeyfield South West Society who are an independent charity. You will be employed by this independent charity, therefore ‘The Abbeyfield Society’ will not be your employer. All terms, conditions, policies and procedures will be covered under the arrangements offered by the Abbeyfield South West Society only.
The Abbeyfield Society