Cook & Service Co-ordinator
The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
This is a brilliant opportunity for people who would be interested in joining our Sheltered Housing property in Stockport. If you are looking for a vocation, that offers support, guidance and a feeling of community, Abbeyfield would love for you to join us.
You can never underestimate the power a friendly face and a home cooked meal has on someone’s day. This is a varied role, with resident wellbeing at the forefront of what we do.
Cook and Service Co-ordinator - High Lane 24 hours p/w
This is a varied role, tasks of a Cook and Service Co-ordinator include:
- Well-being checks
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Budget Management
- Organise social activities
- Maintaining tenancy agreements
Our ideal candidate for Cook and Service Co-ordinator will have the following qualities
- A cheerful and friendly demeanour
- Enjoys being creative in the kitchen
- Good sense of humour
- Great planner, with lots of imagination
- Understand the needs of older people
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Some of our benefits include:
- An excellent work/life balance, with family friendly policies
- Competitive rates of pay*
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a colleague' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Menopause Friendly accredited workplace
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
You can learn more about the Cook and Service Co-ordinator role here
We look forward to hearing from you
*The rates advertised above will apply from 1st April 2023. Should you begin working for us before this date, a lower rate will apply temporarily. This will be discussed with you prior to interview.
We reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications.
The Abbeyfield Society