Cook & Service Co-Ordinator
We're committed to providing the highest standards of care; we believe that great care starts with great people. And we’re a charity, meaning that the interests of our valued staff and residents sit at the heart of what we do, not shareholders.
What Abbeyfield Offer You
The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
This is a brilliant opportunity for people who would be interested in joining our Sheltered Housing property in Bembridge, Isle of Wight. If you are looking for a vocation, that offers support, guidance and a feeling of community, Abbeyfield would love for you to join us.
You can never underestimate the power a friendly face and a home cooked meal has on someone’s day. This is a varied role, with resident wellbeing at the forefront of what we do.
Cook & Service Co-Ordinator – Poplar Lodge 24 -32 hours p/w
This is a varied role, tasks of a Cook & Service Co-Ordinator include:
- Well-being checks
- Preparing and cooking of lunch and evening tea, with some baking
- Budget Management
- Organise social activities
- Maintaining tenancy agreements
Our ideal candidate for Cook & Service Co-Ordinator will have the following qualities
- A cheerful and friendly demeanour
- Enjoys being creative in the kitchen
- Good sense of humour
- Understand the needs of older people
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Some of our benefits include:
- A great work/life balance with great job satisfaction
- Competitive rates of pay*
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a colleague' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Menopause Friendly accredited workplace
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
You can more about the Cook & Service Co-Ordinator role here
We look forward to hearing from you!
*The rates advertised above will apply from 1st April 2023. Should you begin working for us before this date, a lower rate will apply temporarily. This will be discussed with you prior to interview.
We reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications.
The Abbeyfield Society