Cook & Resident Support
The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
This is a brilliant opportunity for people who would be interested in joining our organisation, to support our Sheltered Housing property in Cockermouth, Cumbria. If you are looking for a flexible rewarding role to fit around you, Abbeyfield would love for you to join us.
This is a part-time vacancy three days per week, to include some weekends. No paid kitchen experience needed, we are looking for people that enjoy cooking for family or friends to cook a tasty lunch and lighter tea in the late afternoon evening. Training will be given by our friendly and supportive team.
You can never underestimate the power a friendly face and a home cooked meal has on someone’s day. This is a varied role, with resident wellbeing at the forefront of what we do.
Our ideal candidates will have the following qualities
- A cheerful and friendly demeanour
- Enjoys being creative in the kitchen
- Good sense of humour
- Understand the needs of older people
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Some of our benefits include:
- An excellent work/life balance, with family friendly policies
- Competitive rates of pay
- Supportive leadership with amazing learning and career development opportunities, Professional Standards and Career Pathways
- Enhanced holiday entitlement for long service
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a colleague' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Medical cashback scheme allowing costs of medical expenses (dental, opticians and much more) to be claimed back.
- Child Care Vouchers
- Menopause Friendly accredited workplace
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
You can find out more about what makes working for Abbeyfield great using the link below
Rewards and benefits of working at Abbeyfield | Careers at Abbeyfield
We look forward to hearing from you!
We reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications.
The Abbeyfield Society