Cook & Resident Support
The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
This is a brilliant opportunity for people who would be interested in joining our organisation, to support our Sheltered Housing property in Bembridge, IOW. If you are looking for a flexible rewarding role to fit around you, Abbeyfield would love for you to join us.
We have two part time vacancies, to include some weekends. No paid kitchen experience needed, we are looking for people that enjoy cooking for family or friends to cook a tasty lunch and lighter tea in the late afternoon evening. Training will be given by our friendly and supportive team.
You can never underestimate the power a friendly face and a home cooked meal has on someone’s day. This is a varied role, with resident wellbeing at the forefront of what we do.
Our ideal candidates will have the following qualities
- A cheerful and friendly demeanour
- Enjoys being creative in the kitchen
- Good sense of humour
- Understand the needs of older people
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Some of our benefits include:
- An excellent work/life balance, with family friendly policies
- Competitive rates of pay*
- Supportive leadership with amazing learning and career development opportunities, Professional Standards and Career Pathways
- Enhanced holiday entitlement for long service
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a colleague' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Medical cashback scheme allowing costs of medical expenses (dental, opticians and much more) to be claimed back.
- Child Care Vouchers
- Menopause Friendly accredited workplace
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
You can find out more about what makes working for Abbeyfield great using the link below
Rewards and benefits of working at Abbeyfield | Careers at Abbeyfield
We look forward to hearing from you
*The rates advertised above will apply from 1st April 2023. Should you begin working for us before this date, a lower rate will apply temporarily. This will be discussed with you prior to interview.
We reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications.
The Abbeyfield Society