Communications and Marketing Volunteer
- We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us spread the word about the amazing things that happen in our wonderful home. If you are over 16 and are looking to gain communications and marketing experience, or just flex your existing skills, we would love to have you on the team.
What you will be doing
• Drafting original and engaging content for our various communication channels.
• Visiting the house to find inspiration, capture stories and take photos and videos for our digital assets library.
• Attending all sorts of events and reporting back on what you find!
• Managing our social media accounts
• Running campaigns to increase interest from new residents and their families.
• Explaining Abbeyfield and the work they do across the country.
The Ideal Candidate
The skills you need
• No previous experience is needed, but an understanding of social media will help.
• Communications skills and adherence to Abbeyfield guidance.
• Willingness to undertake induction in role.
What's in it for you
• Tangible experience of creating content for one of the countries best supported living organisations.
• The chance to meet and work with our wonderful residents, house team and Trustees.
We ask all our volunteers to:
- be reliable and have the ability to relate well to others
- have a warm, friendly, adaptable, caring approach
- be open-minded and tolerant of different lifestyle and values
- be able to work within personal and organisational boundaries
This role will require a DBS check
Abbeyfield is a national charity dedicated to the care and support of older people. Our vision is ‘making time for older people’ and we see volunteers as crucial in helping us achieve this. For more information, please visit our website www.abbeyfield.com
The Abbeyfield Society