The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who would be interested in joining our organisation, to support our Sheltered Housing properties in Salisbury. If you are looking for a rewarding role to fit around you, Abbeyfield would love for you to join us.
Part Time Cleaner - 10 hours per week
You can never underestimate the power a friendly face and a home cooked meal has on someone’s day. This is a varied role, with resident wellbeing at the forefront of what we do.
This is a varied role, the main tasks of a Cleaner include:
- Ensure communal areas are clean and tidy
- Assist with meal preparation and serving
- Ensuring food stores and maintained with stock rotation
- Promote wellbeing of residents
- Opportunity to cook/bake on occasion to cover Cook (to be discussed further at interview)
Our ideal candidate for Cleaner will have the following qualities
- A cheerful and friendly demeanour
- Understand the needs of older people
- Proactive and organised
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Some of our benefits include:
- An excellent work/life balance, with family friendly policies
- Competitive rates of pay*
- Enhanced holiday entitlement for long service
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a colleague' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Child Care Vouchers
- Medical cashback scheme allowing costs of medical expenses (dental, opticians and much more) to be claimed back
- Supportive leadership with amazing learning and career development opportunities, Professional Standards and Career Pathways
- Menopause Friendly accredited workplace
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
You can find out more about what makes working for Abbeyfield great using the link below
Rewards and benefits of working at Abbeyfield | Careers at Abbeyfield
We look forward to hearing from you!
*The rates advertised above will apply from 1st April 2023. Should you begin working for us before this date, a lower rate will apply temporarily. This will be discussed with you prior to interview.
We reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications.
The Abbeyfield Society