Chef - Winnersh
The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
Are you a Friendly, Compassionate and Caring person who is looking for a career where you feel valued and where you are rewarded for the work that you do? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Located in the friendly suburban village of Winnersh near Wokingham, Winnersh is a purpose built, dementia friendly, innovative residential care home, which has been developed to allow freedom of movement throughout. We offer personalised and tailored care to meet all needs delivered by our friendly, professional and caring team.
Main Responsibilities - Chef
Abbeyfield Society is looking for a Chef to join our Winnersh home You will join a team that is fully committed to making a difference to the lives of those who we provide care for. Our aim is to deliver the highest standard of care to our service users and to provide the same standard of care that we would expect our own family members to receive. Abbeyfield has an excellent reputation.
As a Chef you will liaise with our Home Manager and staff to ensure high-quality fresh, home-cooked food is provided every day. You will also establish a rapport with our residents and their families in order to satisfy their dietary needs.
Your responsibilities as a Chef:
- Preparing, cooking and serving meals for residents and others as
- required, in a timely manner.
- Providing a varied diet, catering for the cultural preferences of
- those who use our services.
- Catering for celebrations and other events in our Home.
- Ordering supplies within the catering budget and company policy
- guidelines, using approved suppliers in the absence of the senior cook
- Maintaining accurate catering records in accordance with HACCP.
- Participating in inspections by Environmental Health and/or care
- regulators and Local Authorities.
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene within the kitchen by
- adhering to HACCP and COSHH guidelines.
- Assisting in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working
- environment by ensuring adherence to Health & Safety and Welfare.
- Ability to manage the Catering Team.
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Opportunity to obtain Blue Light Card discounts
Flexible days & times available
How to apply
Please click the link and upload a CV and covering letter to be considered for interview.
The Abbeyfield Society