Chef - Job Share
What Abbeyfield Offer You
For over 60 years, Abbeyfield has been a charity that provides housing and care for elderly people across the UK and internationally. It is our mission to enhance the quality of life for our residents through excellent accommodation in a stimulating environment to help maintain a socially active life.
Best of all, we’re a charity, meaning that the interests of our valued staff and residents sit at the heart of what we do, not shareholders.
The Role of a Chef:
- As a Care Home Chef; You'll develop, in consultation with residents, healthy balanced menus, with choices which reflect their needs and preferences.
- Plan, prepare and cook residents’ meals from the agreed menu, taking into account personal preferences or recognised dietary requirements.
- All residents are to be offered at least three meals per day. And by regularly seeking feedback, you’ll monitor their satisfaction with the menu and quality of the food provided.
- Ensure a safe and sufficient supply of catering products, by developing a system of ordering supplies in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of a system of effective stock rotation and control is paramount, and by doing so, you will manage catering costs within the agreed catering budget.
- Oversee safe and proper use of catering equipment.
- Champion kitchen cleaning procedures and schedules and ensure your kitchen and store areas are clean and hygienic at all times. You will also oversee the completion of all relevant records in relation to food safety.
- As a Chef, you’ll have a relevant Certificate in Food Hygiene, and a track record of demonstrable experience of cooking varied, healthy and safe meals to large groups on a regular basis.
- Able to lead and support the kitchen staff team, you'll also train and develop the to get the best out of each individual.
- You’ll also be able to manage resources, planning rotas in advance to ensure continuity of the catering service.
- Be methodical and highly organised; your kitchen and equipment will be kept clean and tidy, with an effective method of stock rotation.
And because we take the wellbeing of our residents and staff very seriously, we also recommend that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
What Abbeyfield Offer You
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Opportunity to obtain Blue Light Card discounts
The Abbeyfield Society