Chef - Hill House
This role is for 30 hours per week, over 3 days per week from 08:00 - 18:30 including alternate weekends.
- You'll develop, in consultation with residents, healthy balanced menus, with choices which reflect their needs and preferences.
- You’ll plan, prepare and cook residents’ meals from the agreed menu, taking into account personal preferences or recognised dietary requirements.
- You will regularly seek feedback, you’ll monitor their satisfaction with the menu and quality of the food provided.
- You’ll also ensure a safe and sufficient supply of catering products, by developing a system of ordering supplies in a timely manner.
- Ensure good stock control, you’ll make sure catering orders and deliveries are recorded using documentation supplied, to enable all orders to be checked and audited.
- Maintenance of a system of effective stock rotation and control is paramount, and by doing so, you will manage catering costs within the agreed catering budget.
- You will also oversee safe and proper use of catering equipment, and report any defects to management.
- You’ll champion kitchen cleaning procedures and schedules and ensure your kitchen and store areas are clean and hygienic at all times.
- You will also oversee the completion of all relevant records in relation to food safety.
You’ll have a relevant Certificate in Food Hygiene, and a track record of demonstrable experience of cooking varied, healthy and safe meals to large groups on a regular basis. Able to lead and support the kitchen staff team, you'll also train and develop the to get the best out of each individual. You’ll also be able to manage resources, planning rotas in advance to ensure continuity of the catering service.
You’ll also be methodical and highly organised; your kitchen and equipment will be kept clean and tidy, with an effective method of stock rotation.
What Hill House Offer You:
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Opportunity to obtain a 'blue light card' and gain access to various discounts.
If you would like further information on the role, or are interested in applying, we would love to hear from you!
The Abbeyfield Society