Chair of Trustees
The Abbeyfield East London Extra Care Society is looking for an enthusiastic volunteer Chair of Trustees to help enhance the quality of life for older people. We believe that we all deserve to enjoy our later years and get the most out of life – whatever our individual circumstances.
The society have provided quality aged care to the local community of Dagenham, Essex for over 25 years as a not for profit organisation and part of the Abbeyfield movement. Our professional team provides a nurturing environment where residents live as independently as possible, cared for with dignity, respect, and are rated GOOD with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
One of leadership to the Board of Trustees to ensure that trustees take responsibility for directing the affairs of the Society, ensuring it remains solvent and carries out the purpose for which it was established. There is no financial remuneration but travelling expenses and other reasonable expenses may be claimed in line with the policy.
- We will reimburse you with any agreed appropriate expenses
- Provide you with any training you need to carry out your role
- You'll be supported by our small, friendly house team
- You’ll have lots of fun and get to spend time with our inspirational residents
The Ideal Candidate
- Have a caring nature and want to support older people in later life in the delivery of quality care
- Have a good understanding of the care sector, ideally around care for people with Dementia in a care home setting
- Have an understand of he regulatory nature of the care sector and a non for profit organisation
- Previous Trustee experience
- Previous experience in a management role
- Experience in Microsoft office essential
Abbeyfield is a national charity dedicated to the care and support of older people. Our vision is ‘making time for older people’ and we see volunteers as crucial in helping us achieve this. For more information, please visit our website www.abbeyfield.com
About the Company
Our charity fulfils this mission at George Brooker House, which provides residential care for 45 Residents mainly with dementia. It also offers day care, respite care and respite services.
The Abbeyfield Society