The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
Lee House is an attractive residential care home located in Wimbledon offering care and support to females over the age of 65.
The home has been carefully designed to offer comfortable accommodation which includes single occupancy bedrooms each with en-suite facilities, a pleasant lounge, dining room and garden. Facilities are also available for family or friends to stay overnight. Residents may personalise their room with small items of furniture and ornaments to promote familiarity.
You are the first point of contact, you will be a naturally caring person who is friendly and approachable, you will be able to build trust and develop good relationships with the residents. Helping them with their daily routines and giving them the support and independence and helping them to enjoy a good quality of life.
- Assisting with daily living activities such as eating, showering and using the toilet
- Utilising equipment to move patients when necessary
- Helping tidy the patient’s home or room
- Taking the patient’s vital signs such as blood pressure and temperature
- Talking to patients and reassuring them
- Attending meetings with other healthcare professionals
- Assisting nurses and other staff when needed
- Adhering to professional standards
- Delivering reports to Case Managers and reviewing any important changes in the patient’s condition
Skills & Experience;
- Caring and compassionate personality, with a passion to help others in a safe manner
- Initiative to work alone but also a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided
- Be able to obtain a clear DBS
- A great work/life balance
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
How to apply;
Please click the link NOW to upload your CV and covering letter and be considered for interview
The Abbeyfield Society