Care Assistant - Speedwell Court
Speedwell Court is a beautiful, purpose built home that provides an exclusive setting and high quality residential and Dementia care to its elderly residents. Staff are committed to looking after the health and wellbeing of residents. This includes providing a range of activities to get involved with, serving delicious, nutritious meals and providing a high standard of care and support to residents.
The rates advertised will apply from 1st April 2023. Should you begin working for us before this date, a lower rate will apply temporarily. This will be discussed with you prior to interview.
As one of our highly valued Care Assistants, you'll be at the front line of care delivery. You’ll help residents with their individual care needs, such as personal care, medical care and following social interests. You’ll build a special bond with each resident, and give professional and emotional support during difficult times, such as periods of illness.
Your days as a Care Assistant will be varied, interesting and rewarding. Typical tasks that you may assist with are -
- Assisting residents with washing and dressing and getting ready for the day.
- You will help residents with meal times including, eating and drinking - always promoting choice.
- Providing support to residents in getting around and being as able as possible.
- You’ll be respectful of residents’ choices; their dignity and independence, always.
- You’ll also be integral to developing residents care plans, which includes being aware of any specialist support needs.
Pay & Benefits:
At Speedwell Court, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our many benefits include:
- Competitive pay, benchmarked annually.
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role based on skills and contribution
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Medical cashback scheme allowing costs of medical expenses (dental, opticians and much more) to be claimed back.
- Access to obtain a "Blue Light Card", offering discounts in various locations.
Are you sensitive, empathetic and love to care for others?
Do you enjoy building meaningful relationships and making a real difference?
If that sounds like you, we think you’ll fit right in at Speedwell Court! Whether you’re new to the world of care or looking to retrain, we’re looking for people to join our growing team of Care Assistants.
Don’t worry if you have no experience - we’ll provide you with all the training you need. What’s more important is that you have a natural calling to care. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
The Abbeyfield Society