Care Assistant - Nights
Situated close to The Royal Botanic Gardens, Victoria House is a beautiful large Victorian house set within three walled courtyard gardens. The house was extensively modernised and refurbished, with a lift and stair lifts allowing residents easy access throughout the house.
There are 29 rooms, some of which have ensuite facilities. Room are furnished but we encourage you to bring personal items to create your own home from home.
Victoria House is a happy, homely and caring atmosphere where excellent relationships have been built between our residents, their families and our dedicated staff.
As one of our highly valued carers, you'll be at the front line of care delivery. You’ll help residents with their individual care needs, such as personal care, medical care and following social interests. You’ll build a special bond with each resident, and give professional and emotional support during difficult times, such as periods of illness.
Your days as a Care Assistant will be varied, interesting and rewarding. You’ll assist residents with washing, dressing, eating, drinking and getting around. Importantly, you’ll help make them feel at home. You’ll be respectful of residents’ choices; their dignity and independence, always. You’ll also be integral to developing residents Care Plans, which includes being aware of any specialist support needs.
- Assist clients with personal care tasks, such as washing, dressing, eating and toileting.
- Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients.
- Accompany clients to medical appointments.
- Observe, monitor and record clients’ physical and emotional well-being, and promptly report any changes to senior staff.
- Encourage clients to participate in social and recreational activities.
Pay & Benefits
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our many benefits include:
- Competitive pay, benchmarked annually.
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role based on skills and contribution
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Striving for independent accreditation as a menopause friendly organisation
- Opportunity to obtain Blue Light Card discounts
Are you sensitive, empathetic and love to care for others? Do you enjoy building meaningful relationships and making a real difference? If that sounds like you, we think you’ll fit right in at Abbeyfield! Whether you’re new to the world of care or looking to retrain, we’re looking for people to join our growing team of care assistants.
Don’t worry if you have no experience - we’ll provide you with all the training you need. What’s more important is that you have a natural calling to care. and you'll be passionate and committed to providing exceptional care to our residents, their families and friends.
How to apply
Click the link now and upload your CV and a covering letter to be considered for interview.
The Abbeyfield Society