Care Assistant - Hill House
About Hill House:
Hill House is a residential care home, set in the beautiful, picturesque Devon countryside. Boasting 30 rooms, Hill House provides residential and Dementia friendly care to its residents. There are stunning grounds and views, as well as a hairdressers on site, comfortable, homely rooms and a large communal lounge to relax in.
The rates advertised will apply from 1st April 2023. Should you begin working for us before this date, a lower rate will apply temporarily. This will be discussed with you prior to interview.
The Role of Care Assistant:
- As one of our highly valued Care Assistants, you'll be at the front line of care delivery.
- You’ll help residents with their individual care needs, such as personal care, medical care and following social interests.
- You’ll build a special bond with each resident, and give professional and emotional support during difficult times, such as periods of illness.
- Your days as a Care Assistant will be varied, interesting and rewarding. You’ll assist residents with washing, dressing, eating, drinking and getting around.
- Importantly, you’ll help make them feel at home. You’ll be respectful of residents’ choices; their dignity and independence.
- You’ll also be integral to developing residents Care Plans, which includes being aware of any specialist support needs.
Pay & Benefits
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our many benefits include:
- Competitive pay, benchmarked annually.
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role based on skills and contribution
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Striving for independent accreditation as a menopause friendly organisation
- Opportunity to obtain Blue Light Card discounts
- Are you sensitive, empathetic and love to care for others? Do you enjoy building meaningful relationships and making a real difference? If that sounds like you, we think you’ll fit right in at Abbeyfield!
- Whether you’re new to the world of care or looking to retrain, we’re looking for people to join our growing team of care assistants.
How to apply:
If you think this sounds like you, please click the link NOW to upload your CV and covering letter, to be considered for interview.
- Don’t worry if you have no experience as a Care Assistant - we’ll provide you with all the training you need. What’s more important is that you have a natural calling to care. and you'll be passionate and committed to providing exceptional care to our residents, their families and friends.
The Abbeyfield Society