- Do you want to improve the lives of older people?
- Do you have a couple of hours a week to spare?
- Do you want to gain a new friendship?
The purpose of this role is to spend time with a resident and offer company and friendship. This role will involve spending time with a resident one to one, chatting with them and sharing interests. It may involve visiting the home or taking them out to the shops or for a coffee.
This is an opportunity for you to give a small amount of your time knowing you are making a real difference to the lives of older people.
- We will reimburse you with any agreed appropriate expenses
- Provide you with any training you need to carry out your role
- You'll be supported by our small, friendly house team
- You’ll have lots of fun and get to spend time with our inspirational residents
The Ideal Candidate
For this role, ideally you need to:
- Be a caring and enthusiastic person who is able to build relationships with a wide range of people
- Be reliable
- Have a good sense of humour
We ask all our volunteers to:
- be reliable and have the ability to relate well to others
- have a warm, friendly, adaptable, caring approach
- be open-minded and tolerant of different lifestyle and values
- be able to work within personal and organisational boundaries
This role may require an Enhanced Adult Workforce DBS check / driving licence / use of your own car.
Abbeyfield is a national charity dedicated to the care and support of older people. Our vision is ‘making time for older people’ and we see volunteers as crucial in helping us achieve this. For more information, please visit our website www.abbeyfield.com
About the Company
Abbeyfield Winnersh – Winnersh, Berkshire
Abbeyfield Winnersh is a dementia-friendly residential care home situated in the friendly village of
Winnersh, Wokingham. Our home has 62 en-suite bedrooms, each with a brightly coloured front
door complete with a letterbox and street lamp. A wonderful range of facilities include a beauty
salon, communal and private lounges and café which our residents and their visiting friends and
families can enjoy at their leisure.
A large garden and roof terrace have been designed to encourage outside living with lots of areas for
activity or relaxation in the warmer months or in our summer houses which are used by our
residents throughout the year. For the younger family members, a fun area and climbing frame is
We believe that it is important to treat our residents as individuals and tailor the care towards
specific individual needs. Our team is dedicated to ensuring all residents’ needs are met and
expectations exceeded. We passionately support our residents in being independent and carrying
out their lives the way they wish. We ensure that our resident care and wellbeing is at the heart of
everything we do.
If you feel that you share the same values as us and believe you can be a valuable member of our
team, we would love to hear from you.
The Abbeyfield Society