Bank Sheltered Housing Supervisor
The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
This is a brilliant opportunity for people who would be interested in joining our organisation, to support our Sheltered Housing properties in Ivybridge, Plymstock and Hartley, in times of need. If you are looking for a flexible rewarding role to fit around you, Abbeyfield would love for you to join us.
This is a bank position, covering sickness and holidays. No paid kitchen experience needed, we are looking for people that enjoy cooking for family or friends to cook a tasty lunch and lighter tea in the late afternoon evening. Training will be given by our friendly and supportive team.
You can never underestimate the power a friendly face and a home cooked meal has on someone’s day. This is a varied role, with resident wellbeing at the forefront of what we do.
Our ideal candidates will have the following qualities
- A cheerful and friendly demeanour
- Enjoys being creative in the kitchen
- Good sense of humour
- Understand the needs of older people
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Some of our benefits include:
- An excellent work/life balance, with family friendly policies
- Competitive rates of pay*
- Enhanced holiday entitlement for long service
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a colleague' scheme
- Pay progression within role
- Menopause Friendly accredited workplace
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
You can find out more about what makes working for Abbeyfield great using the link below
Rewards and benefits of working at Abbeyfield | Careers at Abbeyfield
We look forward to hearing from you
*The rates advertised above will apply from 1st April 2023. Should you begin working for us before this date, a lower rate will apply temporarily. This will be discussed with you prior to interview.
The Abbeyfield Society