The Abbeyfield Society are a national charity helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation in older people by providing companionship in our supported housing accommodation, retirement apartments and care homes.
This is a brilliant opportunity for people who would be interested in joining our organisation IN Wendover, to support our services in times of need. If you are looking for a flexible rewarding role to fit around you, Abbeyfield would love for you to join us.
**This is a bank role, covering annual leave and staff absence**
This is a varied role, the main tasks of a General Assistant include:
- Ensure communal areas are clean and tidy
- Assist with meal preparation and serving
- Ensuring food stores and maintained with stock rotation
- Provide support service to the residents
Our ideal candidate for General Assistant will have the following qualities
- A cheerful and friendly demeanour
- Understand the needs of older people
- Proactive and organised
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Some of our benefits include:
- A great work/life balance with great job satisfaction
- Competitive rates of pay*
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a colleague' scheme
- Menopause Friendly accredited workplace
- Pay progression within role
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- Eligibility for a Blue Light card, with huge savings
- A whole range of benefits and rewards
We look forward to hearing from you!!
*The rates advertised above will apply from 1st April 2023. Should you begin working for us before this date, a lower rate will apply temporarily. This will be discussed with you prior to interview.
We reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications.
The Abbeyfield Society